Enabling dark mode in Windows 11 is very simple. If you enable dark mode, also known as (“black mode”) in Windows 11, all the components will become dark.
The taskbar will go dark, the Start menu, all windows, Windows explorer, and the desktop background. It is a dark theme that you can enable with a simple click.
Dark mode has its advantages for the user.
- It is better for your eyes in a low-light environment, so you can use it in bed. It also helps to ensure that others are less bothered by it. So it emits less light.
- Your computer emits less “blue light” – which can keep you awake if you use your PC before bed.
- Consumes less energy, so your laptop’s battery lasts longer.
- As a result, it can potentially reduce tired and dry eyes in low light conditions.
- Some specialists say that dark mode can help people with light sensitivity or visual impairment.
To enable dark mode in Windows 11, follow the steps below.
How to Turn on Dark mode on a Windows 11 PC
Right-click on the Start button. In the menu, click Settings. On the left side, then click on “Personalization” and then on the right on “Colors”.
Under “Choose the mode” change the mode to “Dark”.
You have now enabled dark mode in Windows 11. You will immediately see that all windows etc. change to a dark color.
I hope to have helped you with this. Thanks for reading!